Monday, August 17, 2009

Woodstock

Woodstock music festival held its 40th anniversary this week. August 15-18 of 1968 was the "Aquarian Exposition" held in the town of Bethel, NY. The event was defined as a "counterculture utopia". There were 400,000-estimated-people at the event including my good friends Carol and Jim. (I was in Fort Hood, Texas at the time and being a nerd I probably would not have gone anyway). It is noted that two people died during the festival-one run over by a dump truck while he slept. One of the leaders of the Hog Farm commune, Hugh Romney AKA "Wavy Gravy", and his organization provided food and security. The security called "Please Force" used the password "I forgot". (My friends C & J went back this weekend; I wished they would haved asked me to go. I am a little less nerdy now).
(SourceItalic: "She left festival after 4 hours" by Mike Kelly in The Record on 8/17/09)

No comments:

Post a Comment